“I do my best because I am counting on you counting on me.”Maya Angelou
Here, you’ll find useful information about the scope of this active listening/coaching service and how we can work together in a safe, healthy, and empowering environment.
Scope of Practice
- Active listening in a safe, non-judgmental environment
- Emotional support
- Referral to other resources
- Help with re-discovering or discovering of strengths and skills
- Learning and/or developing empowerment techniques and tools to overcome/push past emotional barriers
- Learning how to use those strengths, skills and tools when needed
- Help defining goals and designing a plan to achieve them
- Encouragement staying on track and/or adjusting when needed (based on goals and plan).
You can help yourself get the most out of our session(s) together by:
- Knowing that it involves work which means taking what we talk about during our time together and reflecting on it to apply it to your life.
- Making notes after our sessions. This will help you remember and make connections that you can build on. It will also become a great future resource for you!
- Knowing that ultimately our time together is meant to end. We will work on your goals and then develop a plan for what to do after our sessions.
I’ll be happy to refer you to therapists, motivational speakers, life coaches, death doulas, reproductive justice coaches, talklines, textlines, spiritual mentors etc…do not hesitate to ask.