To help, inform, guide and support you on your journey. This is about you, your feelings and your empowerment. It is important that the environment be one of compassion, encouragement and participation. We will focus on your strengths, the value of experiencing different perspectives and on how to integrate tools at your disposal.
After A Termination of Pregnancy
Active Listening and Support
- Know that you’re actively being heard with an open heart and open mind;
- Express what you are going through (context, emotions);
- Let’s take time to connect to your strengths;
- Learn to use those strengths to find a healthy balance.
“Val is amazing! Her warm, empathic and quiet presence soothes your troubled spirit. She has the ability to hear your unspoken words of strength hiding behind your facade of resignation, worry and dare I say “hopelessness”. And using this “super power”, Val finds the perfect way to show you that you have the right to hope and that you have the strength to beat the challenges you are facing. Highly recommended.”Mary M.
- The phone call introduction is always free to find out if we work well as a team and what your needs are.
- Sessions available in person, via video conference (video optional), chat or by phone.
- Affordable individual session fees and multiple session discounts offered to allow for flexible access to this service.
- See Working Together for additional information.
Targeted Training Received
Exhale Peer Counselor Training – Post-Abortion Support Textline
Trauma-Informed Approaches to Post-Abortion Support – Hardy Consulting (Doula Training)
The Art and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs – University of Toronto
NLP Practitioner Certification – Scottish Academy of NLP Programming
Life Coach Certification – ExpertRating Global Certifications